- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- Activities Listed in the Program
- Entrance Ticket to Machupicchu Ruins
- Free Storage Room in Cusco
- Professionally Local Guide
- Round Bus Ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu
- Snacks (fresh fruits, cookies, chocolate)
- Touristic Transportation
- Transfer In & Out in Cusco City
- Transfer to the Train Station (Ollantaytambo)
- Unlimited Purified Water
- Vistadome Train (round ticket)
- Accommodation on double bed room
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Box lunch
- Breakfast & Dinner
- Services not specifically stated in the itinerary
Machupicchu Full Day Train
Our Machupicchu full day trip by Vistadome Train is designed in the most comfortable way to visit Machupicchu ruins in just one day from Cusco City by private transport from to Ollantaytambo Station and the Vistadome Train (round ticket) and guided by local expert guide while exploring the ruins.
Travellers experience this magical place without worry since all tickets and admission are included in this trip dont worry if you are planning to visit Machupicchu during the high season, we are ready to arrange and help you in your Machupicchu full day tour by train package !
Machupicchu Unique Experience in One Day!
Gets your unique experience in just one full day from Cusco through high mountain valleys carved from powerful rushing rivers, a trip into high Andean grasslands and, most of all, a trip through history. It is, by all accounts, a region of colorful markets and of remarkable people dressed in distinctive but regionally varied clothing. Women carry babies, wrapped in bright blankets, on their backs. Men with broad sandal-clad feet, bent under heavy loads, move with a quick shuffling gait, all amidst majestic ruins, ancient terraces, rimmed valleys, and beside puna lakes shimmering beneath blue skies.
The combination of scenery, and history is incomparable on this trip. The ruins, as always, remain impressionable, mysterious, and evocative—the more so perhaps because so little is known of their origins, and because of the breathtaking location. The ruins of Machu Picchu are indeed one of the world’s great travel destinations, but they are, in themselves, just a brief chapter in a long and fascinating history of human occupation of the Urubamba river valley.
BRIEF ITINERARY FULL DAY TO MACHUPICCHU
- 5:30 AM Pick up from the hotel in Cusco and transfer to the train station in ollantaytambo (car trip of 1 hour and 30 minutes)
- Train boarding to the city of Aguas Calientes (2-hour train ride).
AM Boarding bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (30 minutes by bus).
- Once we arrive at Machu Picchu, we have a guided tour of 2 hours to visit the most important places of Machu Picchu.
- After the tour we will have free time to visit Machu Picchu on your own, optionally you can walk through the door of the sun or the Inka bridge.
- At the appropriate time, we will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes (not included)
- We board the train to return to ollantaytambo and then take the transport to Cusco.
- The arrival time in Cusco will be approximately at 8:00 PM.
- Transfer to the hotel.
To climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, there is a limit of spaces per day, we recommend to request the ticket in advance.
Once the tickets for the mountains are sold out, there are not option to get a new ticket.
The cost to climb Huaynapicchu is $ 25.00 USD per person, it must be increased to the total cost of the tour package.
- Train booking is subject to availability of spaces.
- Prices do not include IGV for Peruvian passengers.
- For more inquiries write us to the mail:email@example.comDiscounts
- Peruvian tourists with valid ID, Tourists with Andean Community passport (Colombia, Ecuador and Bolivia), will get a discount.
- Foreign tourists with a student card and current date, get a discount.
- We also offer special discounts for groups of more than “05 people” For more information write to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Huayna Picchu and Machu Picchu mountain
- To climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, there is a limit of spaces per day, we recommend to request the ticket in advance.
- Once the tickets for the mountains are exhausted, there are not option to get a new ticket.
- The cost to climb Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain is $ 25.00 USD per person, it must be increased to the total cost of the tour package.
- The people doing the Inca Trail and want to climb the Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, they have to make an extra payment of $ 75.00 USD.
- IMPORTANT: Before request the ticket to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, Check availability at the official site click here
- Day 1
Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Machupicchu
We will pick you up from your hotel located in Cusco at 5:30 AM we will take you to the train station located in the town of Ollantaytambo (1 hour 30 minutes away by car) where we board our train and then make the trip with destiny the town of "Aguas Calientes" (2000 m), which has a duration of 2 hours.
Arriving at the train station, our guide will be waiting with a sign with your names, you will go to the bus station with him, to ascend 400m in height by bus, a zigzag path for 30 minutes to reach the incredible wonder of the world of "Machu Picchu Sanctuary", known as "The Lost City of the Incas".
When you reach the citadel of Machu Picchu we pass the control where you deliver your ticket income, from this place the guided tour will start, visit the main venues of the city such as the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries, the tour will be for more than two hours.
At the end of the tour, you will be given free time to stroll around the citadel and visit Machu Picchu on your own, optional you can hike to the sun gate or inka bridge, then we return to Aguas Calientes and take their food in one of the many restaurants (the lunch is not included).
In the afternoon we will take the train back to Cusco (you have to be at the station 30 minutes before the departure time of the train), the return will follow the same route as the outward journey, upon arrival at the train station in Ollantaytambo, we will be waiting to take you to your hotel in Cusco (1-hour trip by car and 30 minutes).
The arriving time to Cusco will be at 8:00 PM approximately.
More about Machupicchu
More about this tour
Recommendations to bring
- Bring original passport and card of migration (TAM).
- Wear sneakers or light tennis shoes.
- Canteen water Bottle
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Bring a raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts
- Wear long pants.
- Bring insect repellent
- Bring sunscreen and brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Bring binoculars.
- Bring sunglasses, plastic bags.
- Bring medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- Bring a backpack or lightweight suitcase.
- Bring a camera or camcorder.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars.
INLUDED IN THE FULL DAY TOUR
• Pick-up from the hotel in Cusco.
• Transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo (train station) and Cusco.
• Train tickets from Ollantaytambo to "Aguas Calientes" and Ollantaytambo.
• Bus up and down to Machu Picchu.
• Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
• Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
• Transfer to the hotel in Cusco
EXCLUDED FOR THE TOUR
• Lunch and Water
• Credit card payment fees.
*Train booking is subject to availability of spaces.