4 days and 3 nights
Difficulty: 1 of 5
A magnificent wildlife and cultural experience to admire the Manu Cultural Zone through diverse ecosystems with breathtaking views of the cloud forest and Andes , a transect through the mountains and diverse ecosystems mountain hill forest foothills with breathtaking views of the cloud fores the tour gives the opportunity to visit oxbow lakes system of trails , parrot clay lick, caves to look for spiders and bats. Our Guadalupe lodge its carefully designed from tranquility and chances to observe the blue and gold macaws at close range, our guides will do their best to share their knowledge and interpret the great diversity of life forms and natural settings in the rainforest.
WHERE : Manu Cultural Zone
ELEVATION RANGE : from 12,467.19 ft to 1640.42 ft
IDEAL FOR VIEWING : Andean Cock of Rock, Monkeys, Capibara, Macaws, Hoatzin, Spiders, Reptiles
EXCELLENT FOR :Wildlife Observation, Nature Walks , Oxbow lake exploration on local rafts, Motor Boat, Night walks, caves.
DAY 1 Cusco – Guadalupe Nature Reserve
Leaving Cusco in the morning the beginning of the Manu Road passes through numerous dry inner-montane valleys during the trip along the small road you can enjoy the native villages and locals going about their lives in their colorful attires We will stop briefly at the Ninamarca which is an arqueological site with its pre-incas tombs, we travel at leisure making several stops including many photos opportunities exploring the high-elevation mountains, continuing on we visited the village of Paucartambo with its beautiful arched colonial bridge. From Paucartambo we climbed yet again and gradually became enveloped in a cloudy mist soon we arrived at Acjanaco pass and gateway to Manu National Park.
Once across Acjanaco Pass (3550 m / 11.647 ft) the environment changed dramatically passing from dry valleys to wet and also the view looking down toward the lowlands is stunning. The lush and misty cloud forest surrounded by massive rocks and waterfalls is perhaps the most fragile and threatened type of rainforest, which is the kingdom of lichens , moss our main target will of course the Peruvian national bird the brightly red Andean Cock of the Rock displays daily for female but the tanager flock here are also incredible and some colorful birds such as mountains toucans, quetzals. as we descend we’ll head straight down to(560 m/ 1837 ft) Overnight, Guadalupe Lodge
DAY 2: Guadalupe Nature Reserve
On this morning we will visit to the Parrot clay lick along the road and other interesting birds like the great potto walking along the Palm forest its alos to observe the Blue and yellow macaws and other interesting parrots and parakeets.
After these activities you will be happy to come back to our lodge , enjoy the delicious typical breakafast made of fresh tropicals fruits with nice view of our garden wthat later we will learn about the different medicinal and traditional plants such as; Coca leaf, Cacao “Chocolate Tree” Bambo water , annatto etc. after this morning activities we can swimming along the Guadalupe river , the water that flows downstream its unpolluted and cristalline which emerges out from the park core
During our afternoon time depending of the group whishes we can explore the fascinating canyon and caves to look and spot some rare creatures of the darkness such as bats and spider scorpions that its located in the vicnity of the Lodge after this interesting activity we can walk for couple of hours along the bamboo forest where the monkeys have seen several time and ending the day looking for the caimans along the creeks.
DAY 3: Guadalupe Nature Reserve - River Boat Expedition
At dawn we will wake up with the singing of the Amazonian birds and have the chances to walk around our garden after having breakfast we will start our journey to the Atalaya port where will appreciate many colourful birds and beautiful views, once we arrive at Atalaya river port we will get board our motor boat with good save equipment and navigate down this crystalline river of Madre de Dios. Then we continue by boat and travel an hour to get close to the wildlife at the known, Machuhuassy Oxbow Lake enjoy those beautiful wetlands with its lush vegetation, variety of birds such as; hoatzins (primitive bird), horned screamer, hawk, herons on a lucky day some monkeys and even capibaras can be seen during activities . this lagoon its reachable by boat and a 2 kilometers walk into the forest after this explorations we will enjoy a traditional lunch cooked by our professional cheff while we are floating on the wooden canoe down the Madre de Dios river.
At mid-afternoon, we start walking through the primary forest searching families of monkeys, peccaries as well as giant kapok trees, during this hike our expert guide will explain about medicinal plants, reptiles, mammals, etc. After this exploratory walk we will board our motor boat and return to the to Guadalupe Lodge.
DAY 4: Guadalupe Nature Reserve - Cusco
We will certainly visit the Parrot Clay Lick allowing the weather condition, which is also a good activity in our rainforest trip, after breakfast we will get ready for packing and we go briefly to visit the wild animals rescued center which is runs by a local family in Manu and this will be chances to see more animals after that we make our way back to Cusco, we may take glimpses of colorful birds again and also we will enjoy the breathtaking views of the exuberant cloud forest again and crossing rushing creek which are originated in the mountain peaks. we will arrive to Cusco at around 5:00 PM
* Naturalist Guide with telescope
* Tour Transport (van & Boat)
* Entrances fees
* 3 meals a day.
* 3 nights lodge at Guadalupe Lodge (Private Toilets and Hot showers, electricity, rocking seat that overlooks the garden)
* Mineral water + Snacks
* Rubber boots + Duffel bags
* Alcoholic drinks
* Day 1 Breakfast / Day 4 Dinner
* Packing list
* Here is a list of items that are helpful for your journey to Manu Jungle
* Insect repellent
* Personal hygiene products
* Camera, film, and extra batteries
* Flashlight and extra batteries
* Battery operated alarm clock
* Socks (bring extra)
* Undergarments (bring extra)
* At least 1 pair nylon shorts
* Walking or sport shorts
* 1 pair lightweight pants (for mosquito protection)
* 1 lightweight long-sleeved shirt
* 1 windbreaker or rain jacket
* Comfortable walking shoes or hiking boots
* Sport sandals or water shoes (for walking inside the lodge).
DAY 1: Cusco - Guadalupe Lodge
* Enjoyable van ride that begins in the Andes, with a stunning views of the mountain peaks and remote villages
* Visit of the pre-Inca cemetery ruins at Ninamarca
* Guided tour in the charming colonial village of Paucartambo
* Walk along road for pictures of the landscape
* Descent to the cloud forest and walk along the cloud forest to spot the amazing cock-of-the-rock and if lucky some monkeys along the cloud forest.
* Pictures of the landscapes combine with some walks along the road.
* Arrival to the Guadalupe Reserve around the 15 hrs
* Walks along the trail lodges to look for monkeys and the Blue and yellow macaws and other parrots / parakeets and the oropendolas before dusk.
** Optional night walk for nocturnal creatures.
DAY 2: Guadalupe Lodge
* Visit to the Parrot clay lick along the road if weather permitting.
* Breakfast at the lodge.
* Walk along the road to observe the Blue and yellow macaws and other parrots / parakeets.
* Garden interpretation to learn about the different medicinal and traditional plants such as; Coca leaf, Cacao “Chocolate Tree” Bambo water , annatto etc.
* Walks along the natural caves / canyon in the afternoon to observe spiders, scorpions, bats (optional)
* Swimming in the crystalline water of the Guadalupe river that flows from the core of the Manu Park.
* Lunch at the lodge
* Walk along the system of trails of the lodge that combines different types of forest.
* Dinner at the lodge.
* Night walk looking for the caimans
DAY 3: Guadalupe Lodge to River Boat Expeditions
* Breakfast at the lodge
* Early departure from the lodge and 1 hour van ride towards the Atalaya port.
* Pleasant motor boat ride along the Alto Madre de Dios river spotting some animals along the way.
* Exploration of trails in the vicinity of the Machuhuasy lagoon looking for wild animals such as; hoatzin , aquatic birds, capibaras , monkeys etc.
* Visit to the trails that takes us to the giant Kapok tree (50 meter) along the trail looking for some wildlife such as; monkeys, sloths, toucans etc.
* Boat return to Atalaya Port and chances to spot some animals along the river bank.
* Visit to the Wildlife Rescued Centre (optional)
* Overnight at the Guadalupe lodge.
DAY 4: Guadalupe Lodge - Cusco
* Early visit to the Parrot and Parakeet clay lick along the road in the morning.
* Breakfast at the lodge
* Guided walk around the garden of the lodge to explain about the medicinal and curative plants such as; coca leaf, wild tomatoes, annatto etc.
* Visit to the natural caves and trails around the lodge.
* Return trip to Cusco
* Chances for some wildlife viewing along the cloud forest
* Return trip to Cusco.
Etsy mixtape wayfarers, ethical wes anderson tofu before they sold out mcsweeney's organic lomo retro fanny pack lo-fi farm-to-table readymade. Messenger bag gentrify pitchfork tattooed craft beer, iphone skateboard locavore carles etsy salvia banksy hoodie helvetica. DIY synth PBR banksy irony. Leggings gentrify squid 8-bit cred pitchfork. Williamsburg banh mi whatever gluten-free, carles pitchfork biodiesel fixie etsy retro mlkshk vice blog. Scenester cred you probably haven't heard of them, vinyl craft beer blog stumptown. Pitchfork sustainable tofu synth chambray yr.
Trust fund seitan letterpress, keytar raw denim keffiyeh etsy art party before they sold out master cleanse gluten-free squid scenester freegan cosby sweater. Fanny pack portland seitan DIY, art party locavore wolf cliche high life echo park Austin. Cred vinyl keffiyeh DIY salvia PBR, banh mi before they sold out farm-to-table VHS viral locavore cosby sweater. Lomo wolf viral, mustache readymade thundercats keffiyeh craft beer marfa ethical. Wolf salvia freegan, sartorial keffiyeh echo park vegan.
Get immerse into the wilderness